Oats Upma is a fiber-rich quick and easy-to-prepare recipe. This delicious healthy dish is best for breakfast. Check out this low-fat recipe and enjoy your breakfast.
1. Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds, once the Mustard Seeds splutter, add Urad Dal (White Lentils) and fry until they turn golden brown.
2. Now add Curry Leaves and chopped Green Chillies and fry for a minute. Then add chopped Onions and Turmeric Powder and fry until the Onions start to look a little transparent.
3. Add Salt and Sugar to the the above mixture and fry for a minute.
4. At this stage, add Oats to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes or till you smell a nice aroma and Oats turn light brown in color.
5. Now sprinkle about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water to the above fried Oats mixture in the pan and mix well all the ingredients with a spatulla and fry till the Oats turn soft. Make sure to not add excess water to the Oats Upma as the whole mixture can become too soggy and Oats Upma may not taste as good as it should.
6. Add Lemon Juice to the Oats Upma and mix well. Garnish with Coriander Leaves / Cilantro.
Calories 210kcal, Fat 6g, Carbs 32g, Protein 7.4g.