Walnut Crusted Spinach & Cottage
Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Walnut Crusted Spinach & Cottage Cheese Stuffed Chicken is a perfect recipe for chilli days. check out this full of flavour dish.
300 grams spinach
120 grams cottage cheese
400 grams of chicken breast
1 egg white
50 grams finely chopped walnuts
½ tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Put the spinach in a medium saucepan with a splash of water over medium-high heat, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach wilts and turns bright green, 4-6 minutes. Put the spinach in a colander until it's cool enough to handle. Squeeze out most of the liquid by pressing with your hands or twisting the spinach in a clean kitchen towel.
2. Finely chop the spinach. In a medium bowl, combine the spinach and feta and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Put the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them until they're an even half-inch thickness. Season them on both sides with salt and pepper. Spread one quarter of the spinach-feta filling evenly over each chicken breast. Roll each breast up, pressing the filling in from the sides so it doesn't fall out. Seal them closed with a few toothpicks.
4. Put the chopped nuts onto a plate. Whisk the egg white in a small bowl until smooth. Dip each chicken breast in the egg white, rolling to coat evenly. Then, roll each breast in the nut mixture, pressing them into the chicken so they form a coating.
5. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. When it's hot and shimmering, add the chicken breasts and leave them alone to brown. Carefully turn them with tongs, moving them gently back and forth so the walnut coating doesn't stick.
6. When all sides are brown, put the chicken in the oven. Cook until the chicken is just cooked through and the filling is hot, 20-30 minutes. Let the chicken to cool, then remove the toothpicks.
Calories 273kcal, Fat 13g, Carbs 4.9g, Protein 36g.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam