This veg biryani recipe is delicious medley of succulent vegetables, spices, ghee, saffron, and flavourful basmati rice and is a must try!
1 cup basmati rice
½ teaspoon saffron threads
¼ cup low fat milk
½ tsp whole cumin seeds
½ tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp garam masala
1 large potato, peeled & chopped
½ cup cauliflower florets, chopped
½ cup carrots, peeled & chopped
½ cup green beans, chopped
3 cups water
1. Place basmati rice in a large bowl then cover with water and soak for 30 minutes then drain.
2. In a small bowl, combine saffron and milk and set aside.
3. Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat.
4. Add cumin seeds and cloves and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the chopped vegetables and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add the rice and stir fry for 1 minute.
7. Stir in the water and garam masala.
8. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
9. Drizzle with the saffron milk then serve.
Calories 110kcal, Fat 1.5g, Carbs 19g, Protein 2g