Sprouts & Buckwheat Khichdi. Buckwheat is a whole grain which contains a decent amount of fiber and high-quality protein. Check out this buckwheat recipe for healthy lunch.
¾ cup buckwheat
¾ cup mixed sprouts
½ cup yellow moong dal
1 tsp oil
2 black peppercorns
½ tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp asafoetida
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cloves, peppercorns and cumin seeds.
2. When the cumin seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the buckwheat and yellow moong dal and sauté on a slow flame for a few more seconds.
4. Add the mixed sprouts, turmeric powder, salt and 4 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
5. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
6. Serve immediately with fresh curd.
Calories 220kcal, Fat 2.5g, Carbs 39g, Protein 10.5g.