Spinach & Chana Dal
Spinach & Chana Dal is a simple tasty and healthy recipe. it can be served with roti, paratha, rice during lunchtime or dinner. Try out this recipe to your everyday meal.
½ cup chana dal (split bengal gram)
¾ cup spinach (palak) purée
½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
¾ cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
½ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
¼ cup low-fat milk
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Combine the chana dal and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
2. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, asafetida and dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the garam masala, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
6. Add the spinach purée, milk and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
7. Add the cooked dal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 120kcal, Fat 3g, Carbs 17g, Protein 6g.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam