Oatmeal Cake is a deliciously healthy and nutty flavor cake. Oats are a whole grain which has the goodness of fiber. This cake is a nutritious dessert.
½ cup raisins
1. Pour the boiling water over the quick oats and let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13x15 inch baking pan .
3. Cream the shortening with the sugar until light. Beat in the eggs. Then add the oats and vanilla, mixing well.
4. Combine the baking soda, salt , cinnamon and flour. Mix until combined. Add the raisins to the flour mixture and coat well.
5. Add the raisin and flour mixture to the oatmeal mixture and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with whipped topping, if desired.
Calories 140kcal, Fat 4.5g, Carbs 23.9g, Protein 1.9g.