Kala Chana Chaat
Kala Chana Chaa looks amazing and the taste is delicious. This chaat is a super healthy protein-rich chaat. This is a very good option for vegetarians as a breakfast or snack. Try the recipe for this supremely easy nutritious chaat.
1 cup kala chana (brown chick peas)
2 tbsp butter (reduced fat)
½ tsp green chilli paste
¼ cup finely chopped onions
¾ cup finely chopped tomatoes
¼ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp garam masala
2 tsp chaat masala
½ cup boiled , diced potatoes
Salt to taste
1 ½ tbsp finely chopped raw mangoes
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
4 tsp lemon juice
1. Soak the kala chana in enough water in a deep bowl overnight. Next day, drain it.
2. Add enough water and pressure cook in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
4. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
5. Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, garam masala and chaat masala, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes, chana, salt, raw mangoes, coriander and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
Calories 130kcal, Fat 5.2g, Carbs 15.5g, Protein 4.6g.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam