Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls is simply a delicious recipe with all the goodness of lots of vegetables. This is a great and yummy eating seafood option.
2 oz Rice Vermicelli
8 rice wrappers
8 large cooked shrimp
1 ⅓ tbsp chopped fresh Thai basil
3 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 leaves lettuce, chopped
4 tsp fish sauce
¼ cup water
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp white sugar
½ tsp garlic chili sauce
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp finely chopped peanuts
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
2. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
4. In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
5. Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.
Calories 83kcal, Fat 0.6g, Carbs 15.6g, Protein 3.3g.