Creamy Oats with 2 Pepper Shrimps
Creamy Oats with 2 Pepper Shrimps is a low-carb, low-fat high protein dish..Shrimps are contain high amount of protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids. These all are required by our bodies on a daily basis.
6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 teaspoons butter
6 scallions, white and light green parts sliced
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups water
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
1 pound raw shrimp
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound baby spinach
¼ teaspoon hot sauce
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add oats and stir for 1 minute, then add water and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer; cook, stirring often, until creamy, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with cayenne and the remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until just opaque, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean bowl; cover to keep warm.
4. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to the skillet. Add half the spinach; cook, stirring, until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Add the remaining spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add hot sauce and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
5. Stir cheese and the remaining 1 teaspoon butter into the oats. Serve the oats with the spinach and shrimp. Sprinkle with the scallion greens.
Calories 340kcal, Fat 15g, Carbs 20g, Protein 33g.
Stay upto date with our latest news and products.
Your email is safe with us, we don't spam