Here are some stats about green tea:
1. Tea is available in over a thousand varieties around the world
2. Green tea was first brewed in Ancient China in 2700 BC.
3. More than 40% of herbal and green tea variants are consumed in the Asia Pacific region.
4. China had USD 86.4 million worth of global tea market in 2016. It had also produced half the world’s tea produce a year before.
5. The rise of herbal or green tea is the leading cause for the shrinking of the coffee market worldwide.
6. The global tea market was USD 214 million in 2019 and is increasing at almost 7% annually.
7. The best type of tea is the one that is made of unbroken herbal leaves and brewed or simmered without sugar.
8. Contrary to popular belief, tea is actually rehydrating (instead of dehydrating like coffee).
(Source: Your Best Digs)
The biggest reason for the increasing popularity of green or herbal teas is that they offer a wide range of health benefits. We are living in the 21 st century, a time when the world is grappling with health and fitness issues and lower immunity levels. The fact is true for all the countries in the world, and the increasing usage of chemicals has only accelerated this observation.
Here is the nutrition value chart for one cup of regular green tea.
It is a long and tedious process, and premium teas take a longer time to cultivate.
You may note that green tea is processed and grown in a variety of ways around the world and this critically depends on the quality desired. The more premium teas are made in a way that most of their nutritional value (in the form of polyphenols and organic compounds) is retained.
Almost all the varieties of this all-natural tea can be divided into two categories:
2. The one that is grown in the shade.
1. The one that is grown in the sun
Regardless of the above, the tea leaves are usually made of the Camelia sinensis plant and are harvested every four months a year. The first harvest gets the best quality and a propionate high price to match.
Yes, it does, but it very little as compared to coffee. However, this should not trick you into having anything more than three to five cups of this all-natural beverage because it can lead you to sleeplessness, nausea, irregular bowel movements, and even some minor heart ailments too!
Unbroken tea leaves are the best quality of green or herbal tea. This variant is known for its high concentration of catechins and polyphenols, and antioxidants. The key to these tea types is that the leaves are neither treated with any unwanted chemicals nor subjected to unnecessary drying.
Drinking two cups of this herbal green tea would give you better results in lesser time. This can help your skin glow and stay rehydrated, prevent type-2 diabetes, cut down the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, and reduce black spots in addition to these health and fitness benefits.
We welcome you to explore MevoFit’s exclusive range of unbroken loose green tea leaves. Made from top-quality Camellia sinensis leaves, these herbal green teas offer healthy bioactive compounds that reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
These teas also contain a higher concentration of tannins and essential oils that calm your senses and improved aroma profiles. These teas are available in the following variants:
4. Ginger Detox