There are two reasons for the increasing demand for virtual fitness professionals in recent times. First, the rise of health and fitness issues around the world, and the second is the growing need for contactless services. Several thousand people around the world are opting to do home-based workouts with or without any equipment, and they are asking for experts’ help to get themselves over the line.
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Health & Fitness Journal has predicted twenty trends and factors for 2020 in this article. These trends and factors together indicate the rise of trends like Virtual Training, Wearable Technology, and the best home workout programs.
Availing these virtual or online fitness sessions is an easy, fast, and intuitive process. People are fast switching to it for space-, time-, and cost-flexibility that they may avail of as per their preference.
It also offers better results for all full-body workouts and also for the more advanced fitness regimes like HIIT and Pilates. The user can simply call up any personal training expert from any part of the world to get going with his workout schedule, and avail of personalized guidance anytime and anywhere.
Here is why you should consider going ahead with virtual fitness in 2021, if you haven’t done so already:
1. The flexibility of choosing one’s preferred trainers from around the world
2. Available on-demand
3. Uses smartphone and internet connection
4. Live and real-time personalized attention
5. Available for a wide range of formats
6. Professional guidance from the world’s best online fitness experts
7. A community of like-minded people
8. Helps you understand your needs and aspirations better
9. Builds your confidence
10. No need to travel or do any paperwork or to pay hefty fees
11. No need to book an appointment
12. No waiting time
You should note that while these ‘no equipment home-based workouts’ may seem a bit challenging at first, but you could derive better results with them if you stay patient and consistent. Remember, the goal is to work on your fitness, not on the hiccups.
Here are some tips to do it in style:
1. Go for a bigger screen for virtual training if possible (though smartphones work well too)
2. Decide what part of your body you want to tone up first
3. Get proper lighting in the room
4. Communicate your expectations to the expert and ask for his recommendations
5. Start with the virtual training session
6. Sit ready after doing some warmup sessions
7. Decide on your fitness trainer and discuss your work plan
8. Stay disciplined and consistent
If you are an experienced professional, you could start with the more demanding regimes like HIITs, 7-minute workouts, Pilates, Squats, or Bodyweight Workouts too. Not having equipment is not a limitation with any of these regimes.
Next, we are exploring how you can win the game if you are a beginner.
Tip: Here are some simple tips for home workouts through online fitnessto help you get started in detail.
If you are new to both fitness routines and online personal training, we recommend you prepare yourself mentally for the change first. You would need to understand that your fitness requirements would be drastically different from an experienced professional.
This is why you would need to start small (but consistent nevertheless) and be okay with achieving small goals in a certain time duration. As a tip, it is always best to start a proper warm up or stretching session.
1. Start in a well-lit and quiet place with proper internet connectivity and a working smartphone or laptop
2. After you have warmed up, you should contact your preferred fitness trainer virtually
3. You might want to connect the device with a speaker system for better audibility
4. Post that, you can start with your online session
5. You should tell your expectations upfront and ask for the expert’s recommendations for them
6. Keep a journal or notebook to take notes
7. Start working as the trainer says, even if it feels challenging at first
8. The key is to go slow and assuming a pace that is easy for your body
You would need to understand that using your body as the fulcrum of all exercises is not always possible. You can thus choose to go with home-based no-equipment workouts when you can’t invest a ton of money on irons and weights, and rather invest that amount on the best training experience.
Here are some easy no-equipment workouts that beginners can do at home today:
1. Chair Squat
2. Knee pushup
3. Forward and Backward Lunges
4. High Planks
5. Plank Shoulder Taps
6. Bicycle Crunch
7. Side-Lying Hip Abduction
Here are some easy no-equipment workouts that experienced professionals can do at home today:
1. Body Weight Squats
b. Lunges (both Backward and Forward)
c. Wall Sits
d. Jumping Jacks
e. Calf Raises
5. Working on your Midsection
6. Combination Workouts
b. Squats (including Pop Squats)
d. Dumbbell Squats
e. Pushups with Single Leg Raises
You can also pursue different variants of HIIT and advanced bodyweight exercises as the need may be or as advised by the trainer. Not all of these would require any equipment to keep you going.
Note: Some of the regimes mentioned above (like Reverse Lunge and Squats) double up as HIIT workouts that you can do at home without any equipment.
Regardless of how fit you are, you could always take to these no-equipment workouts to tone your arms at home. These aerobic exercises will tone your biceps, triceps, and forearms, and would also help you lose some fat faster.
Did you know? These exercises use your body weight as the load. The “bulkier” (or more obese) you are, the harder will they be for you. The same also applies to those living a sedentary lifestyle- their inflexibility works against them in this regime.
Here are some of the best no-equipment arm exercises that you can do at home:
1. Reverse Plank
2. Plank Shoulder Tap
3. Forearm push ups
4. Rolling push ups
6. Side Plank
If you are an experienced fitness coach or expert, we welcome you to try the new normal called MevoLife Virtual Core. You can now bring your clients onboard a secure online platform and offer them personalized workout sessions as per your time and availability. It is easy to get started with the process and all you would need is your smartphone and internet connectivity.
It is a virtual fitness platform that helps you conduct live video conferencing and online meeting sessions. You can best use it to take your fitness business well beyond geographical boundaries, boost your brand, and translate your visibility into monetary terms.
PS: It also consists of robust tools like CRM, Admin Portal & App, and a Client Facing App for better functioning.
Being an Early Adopter would help you with the following benefits too:
Get an extended trial of 60 days
Get additional discounts on premium plans
Get a bonus period of 2 months on yearly plans
We welcome you to go ahead with a software-based approach to offer contactless virtual health and fitness sessions.
There are a ton of health-centric benefits of exercising daily. Even if you can’t go to a gym or can’t afford costly gym equipment, there should be no reason for you to give up. Working out at home without equipment is just as beneficial, and we have mentioned some of the best at-home workouts that you can pursue this week to get started. Working with a fitness expert of your choice can help you leverage all the advantages faster!